International Strategic Partnerships
The « Initiative d’excellence » (IDEX in short) Université Grenoble Alpes launches a call for projects to foster its international strategic partnerships. More specifically, this call targets the following objectives :
- European strategic partnerships focused on European funding: they will prepare teams on both sides to respond to European calls, foster information exchange and support joint lobbying actions.
- Strategic partnerships will be developed with universities with which our collaborations are broad enough to go beyond the scope of the single researcher or laboratory. In particular, we will partner with universities developing top-level research relevant to Focus 1 (Humanities and social sciences) and Focus 2 (Interdisciplinarity).
- Thematic strategic partnerships will specifically support the development of focus 1 of University Grenoble Alpes, namely the internationalization of humanities and social sciences.
- The collaboration with the local international research facilities (ESRF, ILL, EMBL, IRAM, GHMFL1).
Outstanding proposals with at least one international partner are solicited. Only high quality projects in which advances in research and education that would not occur without international collaborations will be funded.
Projects should have duration of 4 years (to cover the whole period of a PhD thesis in France). Funding consist of doctoral and 2nd-year Master fellowships. Half of the funding of the doctoral fellowships will be provided by the IDEX under the condition of co-funding by the international partners. The Master fellowships will be funded by the IDEX.
The preference is for about half the duration of the scholarship to be spent in Grenoble and the other half at the foreign institution.
- The candidate for the PhD must have a Master 2 or an equivalent degree, when starting the PhD.
- The duration of the fellowship is 3 years.
- There is no restriction on the nationality of the applicant.